100th Fever

Eric Simonsen easimo@GMAIL.COM
Tue May 10 13:51:06 EDT 2011

One of the great things about "good blues" is that it is in the "ear of the listener". This does not sit well with the media in general and anyone trying to sell anything associated with blues. The media is too anxious to declare "absolutes" - such as, "this is the best......", "this is the first........", "this is the only............" - without ever bothering to actually do the research to see how much of what they write might have a shot at being true. In the world of sales and marketing, perception is extremely important. A prospective customer may just buying something he/she would not otherwise purchase if you can give them some type of superlative reason (again, " this is the best........", etc) to consider making the purchase - regardless of the truth.

Eric