PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 5/14/11

David Carrigan papajoe61@HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 14 18:13:26 EDT 2011

My show #608.  Back after a week off, last weekend WWSP featured 56 continuous hours of Beatles tunes.   A Happy Birthday to Grady Gaines and Jack Bruce; also a farewell to Cornell Dupree.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
Blues Cafe'
101 CAC WWSP
Reserve Street UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481

Saturdays 3-7PM
May 14, 2011
Bad Luck
Muddy Waters /Hard Days /One More Mile /Chess
Kokomo Arnold /Bad Luck Blues /Old Original Kokomo Blues /Wolf
Big Maceo /Tuff Luck Blues /Bluebird Recordings '41-'42 /RCA
Big Mama Thornton /Bad Luck Got My Man /1950-1953 /Classic
Smokey Hogg /Born on the 13th /Angels in Harlem /Specialty
Albert King /title track /Born Under a Bad Sign /Stax
W.C. Clark /Why Do Things Happen to Me? /Texas Soul /Black Top
Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Bad Luck Blues /I'm Still Swingin' /Severn
James Harman /Somebody Th'owed Bad Luck on Me /Takin' Chances /Cannonball
Good Luck
T-Bone Walker /I Got a Break, Baby /The Beginning '29-'46 /Koch
Roosevelt Sykes /Lucky Blues /Raining in My Heart /Delmark
Koko Taylor /I'm Gonna Get Lucky /South Side Lady /Evidence
Henry Gray /title track /Lucky Man /Blind Pig

New on the Menu
Eric Bibb /Tell Riley /Troubadour Live /Telarc
Rory Block /Steady Freddy /Shake 'em on Down /Stony Plain
Mississippi Marvel /Big Road Blues /Mistakes Were Made /Broke and Hungry
Ben Waters /Rooming House Boogie /Boogie 4 Stu /Eagle
Mikey Jr. /title track /It Ain't Hard to Tell /8th Train
The 44's /Commit a Crime /Boogie Diseases /Rip Cat
Lightnin' Malcom /Stop Fighting Over Me /Renegade /Ruf
Yank Rachell /She Changed the Lock /Blues Mandolin Man /Blind Pig
Marcia Ball /Sugar Boogie /Roadside Attractions /Alligator
Kings Highway /Frisky Whiskey /The Line /Rat Pak
Richie Rich /Need Your Love /From the Streets /Chi-Town

Birthday Boy Grady Gaines  5/14/34
Grady Gaines /Let Your Thing Hang Down /Blues-a-Rama v4 /Black Top
Grady Gaines /Shaggy Dog /Full Gain /Black Top
wi. Anson Funderburgh /Tell Me What I've Done Wrong /Rack 'em Up /Black Top
Grady Gaines /Mr. Blues in the Sky /Full Gain /Black Top
Grady Gaines /Have Fun, Baby /Horn of Plenty /Black Top

Birthday Boy Jack Bruce 5/14/43
wi. Cream /Rollin' and Tumblin' /Live /Polydor
Jack Bruce /Sittin' on Top of the World /Jack Bruce Collection /CMP
Jack Bruce /Third Degree /Jack Bruce Collection /CMP
wi. Cream (reunion) /Born Under a Bad Sign Royal Albert Hall /Reprise

Farewell Cornell Dupree 12/19/42 - 5/8/11
Cornell Dupree /Okie Dokie Stomp /Atlantic Blues: Guitar /Atlantic
wi. Big Mama Thornton /Mr. Cool /Sassy Mama /Vanguard
wi. Tony Z /It's all the Same /Kiss My Blues /Tone Cool

New on the Menu
Marion James /You're History, Baby /Essence /EllerSoul
Tab Benoit /A Whole Lotta Soul /Medicine /Telarc
Warren Haynes /Everyday will be Like a Holiday /Man in Motion /Stax
Shawn Pittman /title track /Edge of the World /Delta Groove
Barry Levenson /One for Muddy /The Late Show /Rip Cat
Elvin Bishop /It Hurts Me Too /The Late Show /Rip Cat
Richard Ray Farrell /Cherry on the Cream /I Sing the Blues Eclectic /Blue Beet
Jimmy Thackery /Wannabe /Feel the Heat /White River
Tracy Nelson /Stranger in My Own Home Town /Victim of the Blues /Delta Groove
Terry Quiet Band /The Woodsmen /Just My Luck /Lucky Bag
Too Slim and the Taildraggers /Stoned Again /"Shiver" /Underworld
Tommy Lee Cook /Arkansas Dirtweed /Outside Lookin' In /Two Mules
Joe Moss /Need Your Love /Drive Time - Live at Chan's /self