Playlist: www.SoundsofBlue.com 5/18/11-w/Joe Krown

Robert Putignano bob8003@YAHOO.COM
Wed May 25 14:26:08 EDT 2011

Bob Putignano
SoundsofBlue.com Playlist for 5/25//2011
Playlist link:
http://www.spinitron.com/public/index.php?station=wfdu&month=Dec&year=2007&calview=&playlist=1301
Listen to today's program @ the <NEW> Archive 'on-demand' playback:
http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/bookmarks/listen/51789
-Interviews: Joe Krown calls in to talk about his new "Triple Threat" CD,
with Russell Baptiste Jr. & Walter "Wolfman" Washington, this mighty trio is
also playing in NYC this weekend, details at: www.JoeKrown.com
Also featuring birthday tributes to: Charles Earland (70,) Max Bennett (83,)
Levon Helm (69,) Rob Ickes (44,) Papa John Creach (94,) Ramsey Lewis (76,)
Bob Dylan (70,)  and much more!
<New update:> For the 4th consecutive year: The Sounds of Blue is the 2011
most pledged to radio show at WFDU-FM which operates in Teaneck, NJ, 10
miles west of NYC, and brought in over $17,000, and all by its lonesome: and
covered 20% of the stations annual fund drive budget.
Check out the vastly improved & expanded Birthday look-up: search by date,
or by artist name (no longer case sensitive)
http://www.soundsofblue.com/birth.htm
For airplay consideration, please mail CD's to me at:
134 Overlook St. Mount Vernon, NY 10552
The text version of the 5/25/2011 Sounds of Blue play-list:
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
9:07am
Booker T. Jones “Representing Memphis w/Sharon Jones” from The Road From
Memphis (Anti) Buy it!
9:12am
Warren Haynes “Man In Motion” (Stax) Buy it!
9:20am
Charles Earland (birthday #70) “Happy 'Cause I'm Goin' Home” from Intensity
(Prestige) Buy it!
9:31am
Ramsey Lewis (birthday #76) “Them Changes w/P.Upchurch/Morris Jennings &
Cleveland Eaton” from Them Changes (Cadet (Live 1970)) Buy it!
9:37am
Levon Helm (birthday #69) “Goin Back to Memphis” from Live at the Palladium
New Years Eve 1977 (www.LevonHelm.com) Buy it!
9:42am
Ramsey Lewis (birthday #76) “Do Whatever Sets You Free” from Them Changes
(Cadet (Live 1970)) Buy it!
9:50am
Charles Earland (birthday #70) “Smoke w/Melvin Sparks” from If Only For One
Night (High Note) Buy it!
9:58am
Rob Ickes (birthday #44) “I'll Take Les” from What It Is (Rounder) Buy it!
10:00am
Flashback Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from More Hallucinations on Monday 6-7:00am
SINGLE (www.SoundsofBlue.com) Buy it!
10:09am
Levon Helm (birthday #69) “Chest Fever” from Music From Big Pink (Capitol)
Buy it!
10:14am
Levon Helm (birthday #69) “Don't Do It” from Rock of Ages (Capitol) Buy it!
10:19am
Levon Helm (birthday #69) “The Shape I'm In” from Rock of Ages (Capitol) Buy it!
10:23am
Levon Helm (birthday #69) “Ain't That A Lotta of Love” from Live at the
Palladium New Years Eve 1977 (www.LevonHelm.com) Buy it!
10:27am
Popa John Creach (birthday #94) “Water Song” from Burgers (RCA) Buy it!
10:32am
Papa John Creach (birthday #94) “Plunk a Little Funk” from Papa John Creach
(Grunt Records) Buy it!
10:38am
Papa John Creach (birthday #94) “Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burnin'” from
Hot Tuna-Fillmore the Last Days (Epic Legacy) Buy it!
10:46am
Max Bennett (birthday #83) “Willie the Pimp” from Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
(Barking Pumpkin) Buy it!
10:56am
Bob Dylan (birthday #70) “If Dogs Run Free” from New Morning (Columbia) Buy it!
11:07am
Joe Krown Russell Batiste Walter "Wolfman" Washington “Can I Change My Mind”
composed by Interview w/Joe Krown from Triple Threat (www.JoeKrown.com) Buy it!
11:26am
Joe Krown Russell Batiste Walter "Wolfman" Washington “Last Two Dollars”
from Triple Threat (www.JoeKrown.com) Buy it!
11:33am
Boris Garcia “Mighty High” from Today We Sail (Porchwerk Music) Buy it!
11:43am
Boris Garcia “Walking Barefoot” from Today We Sail (Porchwerk Music) Buy it!
11:46am
Bob Dylan (birthday #70) “Watching the River Flow” from Steve Gadd &
Friends-Live at Voce (www.bfmjazz.com) Buy it!
11:55am
Ramsey Lewis (birthday #76) “See the End From the Beginning, Look Afar” from
Them Changes (Cadet (Live 1970)) Buy it!
12:00pm
The Just Jerry Hour “http://wfdu.fm” from Every Wednesday from Noon-1:00pm
SINGLE (http://www.soundsofblue.com/justjerry.htm) Buy it!
12:07pm
Grateful Dead “Sugar Magnolia-Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) Jam-Uncle
John's Band” from Academy Of Music March '72, OOP Bonus Disc (www.Dead.net)
Buy it!
12:48pm
Grateful Dead “Sugar Magnolia” from Road Trips Vol.3 No.2 (bonus disc)
(www.Dead.net Rhino) Buy it!
12:55pm
Papa John Creach (birthday #94) “Soul Fever w/Jerry Garcia” from Papa John
Creach (Grunt Records) Buy it!
12:59pm
Max Bennett (birthday #83) “Scratch <the sometimes closing theme>” from
Crusader-Scratch (Blue Thumb-MCA)