Johnny Shines 1988

Jimmy Jacobs jacobslawoffice@GMAIL.COM
Tue May 31 13:30:41 EDT 2011

I have a friend, Ray Jones, who was responsible for filming many events
related to state government during the seventies through the nineties.  He
transferred the attached to video yesterday and posted it to YouTube.

It is a performance by Johnny Shines in 1988 on the occasion of the
re-opening (after renovation) of the Alabama Archives and History building.
The white house in the background is the first White House of the
Confederacy. (My first legal office was in the next block) I think this may
be the latest film of Johnny performing live.  I think he began to tour with
Kent Duchaine the following year, but I haven't seen any video from that
time period.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rayjones198#p/a/u/0/xcKO7Wl1Imk