Johnny Childs On My Blog

MARK SCHOSSOW yupduluth@msn.com
Sun Sep 9 16:10:40 EDT 2012

The constitution guarenties freedom of speach and expression. Not to mention the right to persue swimming pools full of money.Aaand the right to sit by ur pool full of money and peruse it!
    I still won't want my youngest daughter to listen to Frank Zappa,or more simple,any music non playable on f.m.
      I still love what he does.Johnny is promoting himself in a manner that he,or the folk he pays, to promote him.
       I have not thought of a sulution to children and predaters,x,r rated whatever.Under my roof are boundries and structure in regaurds to what they may peruse...or is it persue.(bad joke).It's something worthy of the list to persue in a forum.Not me Im,too beat.If there was an answer,I would have solved the issue.
    Music,well played should be allowed to promote his music in the manner in which he wishes.Everyone has to flip a coin sometimes as to what level they wanna take it..Everyone else is.If one goes too far,then his fans will be the judge.
    I guess personally,I'm a bit conservative, and believe there are boundries that you can cross.Child abuse,some predetor type crimes are either, your for it, or against it.In my opinion,if you don't take action,if you wittness child abuse,and do nothing,ur for it.
      I also believe that if we raise our children to  have a conscience and reject something we tell them,"not on my watch,under my roof,till you are an adult." We all raise our children,we try to get them they're right to a good education, how to be safe,and make good decisions."Then,we can listen to Johnny or Franky,and enjoy it.I do not know.My child that was wild,is at 27,the most conservative one in the family.So I give.I don't know shit.We want our kids to live longer than us,and be safe.And be good folk and LOVE THE BLUES
     Thought ;Franky and Johnny,heeey,that could be a great name for a song!
         I guess I'm  hypocritical.I love good music that is funny and makes a point or tackles a subject in an obscene way,but if the subject is obscene,.....Go with the flow.Seeing subjects tackled in this way is entertaining to ME.There are limits, Frank Z.doesn't cross.Veeery few.But some.Frank is not a Bluesman.He is an example of one to produce over the top music and ask a young person who he is,98% of the time,they wonder who he is.He would not let his kids listen to his Own stuff till they were mature enough to deal with it.
       Im gonna stop going around in a circle.
       What Jimmy said.
            Peace.        Yup               Wanna wish all who like Blues to have a damn good time and a safe life.Or is it a dam...darn good life and a safe time? Walk the good path.
        Yup,from da nort woods.

-----Original Message-----

From: Jimmy Jacobs
Sent: 9 Sep 2012 16:50:29 GMT
To: BLUES-L@LISTSERV.NETHELPS.COM
Subject: Re: Johnny Childs On My Blog

I agree.  I am not bothered by anyone who promotes their music (and really
think one must do so) but I do think some get too "in your face" or "over
the top" with it.  That is very, very counterproductive.  At least in my
case.

All of the discussion of Mr. Childs that I have encountered has been about
his self-promotion, and not about his music  Maybe that's good for him, but
I don't think so.